Friday, August 11, 2006

You've Got to Be Kidding Me

There's been so much work drama going on that I keep expecting cameras to appear and for Jason to burst into the room proclaiming me his new girlfriend. (Which to be honest with you, I wouldn't really mind... )

All of it has sadly left me unemployed. Today is my last day with People En EspaƱol, and it's been as short bittersweet ride.

Am I bummed? Yes.
Am I stressing? Most definitely.
But am I defeated?! Only slightly.

I take solace in the fact that for once it had nothing to do with my shoddy work ethic or my propensity to shop online all day. A new managing editor came in and he's bringing in his own people.

I wish the magazine and the new editor well. And I say that with my teeth clenched.

I'm not too worried. I get the feeling I'll be gainfully employed soon.

There's a new Applebees opening in Times Square.

No comments: