Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Closing the bar down one last time

I've thrown parties for myself before, and I have no shame in doing it. I feel that throwing a good party is just as much a present to other people as it is to myself. It gives people a social event to go to where all of their friends will be in attendance, and most importantly it gives people a reason to get dressed up....not that my friends have ever really needed an excuse. (Yes, that's you Chow Chow)

But last night my four best friends decided to throw me yet another going-away dinner, except that this was the
final one. They swear.
It wasn't a very dramatic affair since we know that I'll be visiting New York soon enough, and I'll still call every one of them waaay too often when I'm bored in traffic. But it was a strange feeling knowing that for now, this was going to be my last night as a New Yorker.

We ate dinner at Mercadito. My friend Annie from my time in Berlin stopped by. Even the EX made an appearance.

We drank and lauged at Beige. I had decided that I would go to the one gay event in New York that I find the most annoying and retarded in order to assauge my longing pains for gay New York. Instead, I had probably the best time anyones ever had at the outdoor garden without having recieved head.

Beige has been around forever. The guys who make it a point to go every week have their heads up their asses, but they make sure their brows are tweezed and hair is sufficiently gel-ed.
There's a lot of akward tension among the boys there. I think it's because they've all just moved to NewYork, or they're the gay equivalent to bridge-and-tunnel trash so they're trying too hard to be hot.

Lila stopped by after her Hamptons Magazine party at Blvd. (there are sooo many fucking wrong things with that statement. Hamptons magazine is two small steps above HX.) Made an effort to stay for awhile, but hot girls bore easily at gay bars.

I laughed a lot last night. Laughed out loud. And thats how I know I've got some really fantastic friends. They buy me dinner, give me advice, and before I realize it, the bars done last call, and I've had the time of my life...

I'll be boarding my JetBlue flight to Burbank later today. Wish me well New York. God knows how much I love you.
LA, get ready, I'm going to rock your world.

No comments: