Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Blowjob on Aisle 4

So last night I stumbled upon a phenomenon that others had warned me was prevalent in Los Angeles; grocery store cruising.
I was buying my oatmeal, golden delcious apples, and reduced-fat peanut butter when a college kid wearing a UCLA sweatshirt gave me the look. I brushed it off and continued on with my shopping, getting my Silk Soymilk and turkey burgers. I had had a long day and wasn't feeling particularly sexy in my post-gym smell. Especially because someone had swiped my year-old sneakers while I was in the shower. Yeah, I don't get that either. I go to a gay gym so either one of the custodians took them or some fetish queen into smelly gym shoes. Whatever. have fun with them.

As I was checking out, the guy ahead of me in line gave me the unmistakable look over and smiled. I don't know what was making me so appealing last night...maybe guys are into b.o. Maybe he liked what I had in my basket.
This guy was in his early thirties, wearing the kind of casual clothes that are made to look casual and expensive at the same time. Deconstructed pima cotton polo, madras shorts, and haviana flips.
Really polished and styled. But looking to get it on as he was checking out.
He waited for me to exit the store and in the parking lot, he introduced himself with his business card. I was slightly freaked out and intrigued.
In a city like LA where you don't walk by people on the street, do people shop for prospective dates by shopping for food?

Well yesterday was one of those unexplainable days when you get lots of attention despite feeling like you look your worst.
On my way to the gym earlier that day, an ederly man entered my apartment building's elevator with his dog. He turned to me and said, "Youre quite the attractive man."
He kept looking at me, creating an incredibly akward moment. As he exited the elevator, he turns to me and smiles, and then the elevator door shuts on his face, the dog goes beserk, the old man falls back, and I have to then help him up.

He was totally embarrased, but I was so flattered. I was that much of a knockout for the guy.

1 comment:

Frank said...

It must have been the pheremones in your sweat working overtime.