Thursday, June 09, 2005

Family Ties

I'm so tired. I'm on my second cup of coffee and I've only been in the office for an hour.
Being tired at work is akin to chinese water torture. You keep looking at the clock, hoping that somehow time will speed up, and that the day will end...but it doesn't, and in fact the day goes by even slower. And off in New York, my old co-workers from the bar are still asleep despite the fact that they're three hours ahead. Lazy whores.

For some god foresaken reason, I can't fall asleep before 2am despite the fact that I've been getting up at 7:15a. My over active mind keeps me up. I read, jerk off, read some more, and then drink a glass of wine.
Well last night I miracously nodded off at about 12:30....only to be woken up by a phone call from my drunk aunt Ricki.
Don't get my wrong, Ricki, is awesome. At only 5 years older than me, we grew up acting like siblings. She's crazy, outgoing, and a full on dyke.
She blessedly made my coming out easier because she was such a wreck.
I may have been a fag, my parents thought, but at least he's going to Stanford, not dating a stripper, and not riding a harley. (Little did they know that their golden boy just did a better job of hiding his dark skeletons)

In the middle of a night, I was awoken by my alarm clock.
Scratch that.
It wasnt my alarm clock.
It was my cell phone, and it was only 1:30a. I had been sleeping for one hour.

Me: "Uhh..hello..."
Ricki: "uhh.....(sounds of crying)...Hello?"
Me:" Yeah, whats wrong?!"
Ricki: "Oh, im just really drunk. I love you! (more crying)"
Me: "I love you too. Whats going on"
Nameless girl/probable new girlfriend: "I'm sorry, we're really fucked up. We'll call you tomorrow"
Click.

WHAT THE FUCK?!
Toxic, thats what that was.
Get your shit together, Ricki, and if you need to talk to me don't do it pissed drunk.
Yes, I'm a little callous, but I've learned (from my own behavior with my EX, mind you) that you can't coddle such behavior.
It's ridiculous, rude, and selfish.
And once again, I'm not saying im immune to such antics.

No comments: