Friday, April 01, 2005

New York City Boy

Walking back from the gym, I ran into a film shoot on Sixth right below Market. The street was filled with yellow cabs, NYPD cars, and cars with NY license plates. The extras were wearing early 1980's attire with New Years Eve hats, and fake snow lined the streets. As I made my way through the set, my heart sank into my stomach. I yearned for the energy of New York and for my friends. I yearned for the silly parties, gossip, and my bar job.
But I really can't deny that I'm having a good time in SF. The city is undeniably gorgeous.
Although I think that since I'm a jaded cunt, l I find the smiling faces on the streets as signs of dementia. I don't trust nor like shiny happy people because I know that the first chance these hippy-bitches get, they would glady walk all over me for 20 dollars and a Muni pass.

No comments: